Nuffnang

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pen Challenge - Pen sketch of Angel (Lilo & Stitch)

When I saw the pen sketch of Hulk from Esther Peh (Bellaelysium), I was really inspired by her artwork and decided to take up the Pen Challenge. Frankly speaking, I do not have the habit of sketching directly from pen as pencil is my main medium. I tend to make changes to get the proportion right. Having said that, the challenge sounds extremely exciting and I decided to put my skills to a test.

Here's the rules:
1) Pen only: No pencil, erasing, tracing, white-out or what not.
2) Show us your handwriting
3) Tag some fellow artists

Have been pondering what I should draw, and coincidentally, the stuff toy (Stitch's friend - Angel) that my daughter won last night gave me the inspiration immediately.

Did an estimate and started sketching on the paper directly. With the main outline in place, I spent a fair amount of time shading, adding texture and more details to give it a 3D look.


Pen Challenge - Say Hello to Angel! 

Took me 45 minutes to complete the Pen Challenge and I am very satisfied with the lovely shade of blue! Even though I did not attend any professional course/training, art has always been my hobby and it is this interest and passion that motivates me to keep on drawing.

Regardless of age or ability, do not underestimate your potential and creativity. Drop me a note or email if you like to be part of the Pen Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment