Nuffnang

Monday, April 11, 2016

Quilling - DIY Card

Quilling is an amazing piece of paper art where one can create different designs and art works simply by rolling, shaping and gluing the strips of coloured papers together.

Though not an expert in this area, I love to google for images and try to shape out some of the designs bit by bit. Quilling needs a lot of patience and time. Hence, in the nights, when everyone is catching a show or drama, I will sit by my bed to quill.

If you are not too sure how to start, there are many online tutorials and materials to guide first timers/amateurs like myself on the various quilling techniques. Steps are very simple and all you need are strips of coloured papers and glue to begin!

Here are some quilling artworks that I have made over the past 2 months.

Quilling - leaf

Quilling Flower #1 

Quilling Flower #2

Quilling Flower #3

Quilling Flower #4

I kept all my quilling pieces inside a box as they come in very handy when I want to make cards. Picking from my collection, I will place them on the blank card and adjust the position before applying glue.

Quilling Card #1

Quilling Card #2

Personally, I feel Quilling is a therapuetic and relaxing activity suitable for all ages. In addition, I always have a great sense of achievement and happiness when a friend received my handmade card and smile.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

So intricate! How do you even keep them from unravelling again??

Waiwai Leung said...

Beautiful quilling! May I learn from you? :D

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I'm just not a crafty person, so I can only admire the patience and creativity needed to create these beautiful pieces from afar.

Shub said...

So creative! Quilling can do wonders. Thanks for inspiring me to try.

E said...

Always love to see updates about your art work, they amaze me!

coffeeandtoastmama said...

So beautiful! I'm inspired to try something crafty with my boy!

Unknown said...

Same here as Michelle, not a crafty person. However, will let my girls try it in the upcoming holidays.

mylilbookworm said...

Wow! So pretty! Just by looking at them is therapuetic! You are very patient!

Phoebe said...

Hmm..It does looks sophisticated but it actually quite simple if you know the technique. The paper stays pretty much in place after some glue is applied so I can keep them for my card making :)

Phoebe said...

Sure Waiwai! It will be my pleasure ! ^_^ Pardon me though that I am still an amateur

Phoebe said...

I always thought quilling is very hard but actually children can do it too. Start with simple ones and you will be amaze that you can do wonders too !

Phoebe said...

It's really fun and therapeutic for me. Love to see your quilling creations. :)

Phoebe said...

Thank you for following and liking my art works.

Phoebe said...

Do give it a try! It's fun and trains fine motor skills too.

Phoebe said...

I think the children will like it. Looking forward to see the creation from your girls.

Phoebe said...

I think the children will like it. Looking forward to see the creation from your girls.

Phoebe said...

Do give it a try! It's fun and trains fine motor skills too.

Ai Sakura said...

these really look amazing! you're getting so good at them :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Phoebe said...

Thank you for the compliment :) Hope it is therapeutic for you

Phoebe said...

Hi Ai, I am still learning .. sometimes can be quiet messy still. Hope to do more complicated designs next time

Post a Comment