Nuffnang

Sunday, April 3, 2016

DIY Glass Bottle Vase using Acrylic Paint

Recently, we brought some glass bottled fizzy drinks and I find it a pity to toss the empty bottles away. These glass bottles make excellent vase or centerpiece and I decided to personalize it for our home.

After peeling off the sticky labels and cleaning the glass bottles, I thought I can do some freehand painting on it using acrylic paints.


Using a fine tip paintbrush, I started painting branches around the glass bottle. It didn't have to be perfect and I just went with the flow on how the branches will branch out. 



Next, I painted red flowers onto the branches and leave it to dry.

This is an easy and simple DIY artwork on the glass bottle which took about 30 minutes to complete. With some paints and creativity, a plain transparent glass bottle is transformed into a piece of art and decor. It can also be given as a gift for someone special. I have a great sense of satisfaction recycling the bottles and giving it another purpose to serve.


Apart from painting, there are other methods to decorate the bottles - stencils/spray paint/washi tapes and more. Next time, if you have a glass bottle, don't throw it away yet... you may want to try out this project and make your own bottle vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment