Nuffnang

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Quilling - DIY Bookmark

Quilling is a paper art which involves strips of paper rolled, shaped and glued together to form beautiful designs. Lately, I developed an interest in it and started looking up various websites to start me off with my first project.

It amazes me how you can create wonders with papers. With a little patience and creativity, you can quill different patterns of flowers, butterflies, letters, animals and many more.

This was what I quilled on my first try. Not bad for a first timer.



Quilling is exceptionally lovely for cards, photo frames and even earrings. Using the combing technique, I made a flower and glued it as a centerpiece on an origami heart-shaped bookmark.

DIY Quilling Bookmark

With a bit of imagination, we can transform a plain piece of paper into something unique and gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment