Nuffnang

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Handicraft - Explosion Box

When I was browsing for craft ideas a couple of months ago, I came across the Explosion Box and fell in love with it immediately. Have always wanted to make one but didn't find the time to do so. With the haze hovering in the sky and we are confined at home, I finally got the opportunity to squeeze a couple of hours to make my first explosion box!

I did not have a lot of materials with me to work with, hence I used drawing block paper for the box base and cover, left over card stock and scrapbook paper for decorating. Referencing from some of the templates available on various website, I conceptualized and made my own box based on intuition. To save resources, the size of my explosion box is about 6cm x 6cm x 6cm. (similar to the size of a wedding ring box). Since I used drawing block paper which is pretty plain and white, I doodled on the cover of the box. The colour theme of my explosion box is set to black and white tone.


Once the cover is done, it's time to decorate the exterior and interior of the box base. Different patterns and designs helped to add on variety and beautify the box. I also added in pockets within so that personal notes can be slot in.


Many explosion boxes have a cake within and I attempted to so too! Apart from making my cake spiral, I also added in a candle at the side. More pockets within the second layer and space for personalized messages or addition of photos.


Close up look within the interior

I am satisfied and happy with my first attempt of making an Explosion Box. Black and white theme is suitable for any gender and there is a lot of space for the sender to add in personalized messages, photos or gift.

No idea yet who this box will goes to eventually but I am confident and looking forward to make more boxes with various themes in the future. A great gift idea for family and friends to celebrate a special occasion.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I have not heard of explosion box prior to this. Such a thoughtful gift idea!

Winnie @ Toddly Mummy said...

Oh.. this is beautiful! Is there a template I can download and learn how to make it?

Phoebe said...

When I first saw this I was very impressed too! :) Nice gift idea indeed.

Phoebe said...

You can google for Explosion Box Template or check out videos on youtube. They do show you how to do it. :)

Waiwai Leung said...

Lovely! I shall try to make with my children!

May said...

Wow totally wowed! I haven't heard of an explosion box before. This is very new to me and you are a good artist :)

The Loving Mum said...

I've made couple of similar boxes before long long ago and even conducted a workshop for it when I was working at Made With Love. This making my hands itchy yo!

Phoebe said...

Look forward to seeing your box! :)

Phoebe said...

Thank you for the compliment ^_^ Hopefully it will be another gift idea for you

Phoebe said...

I didn't know that you conduct such workshops! Must be really interesting.

Ai Sakura said...

this is such a fun idea and so many possibilities to surprise someone! :) you should write a tutorial

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Post a Comment