Tuesday, December 11, 2007

~ Malaysia Trip (KL, Penang, Malacca) ~

I must admit that I have been lazy blogging lately... :p Just came back from a 5D4N Malaysia trip last week and we took over 600 photos! The whole family including my inlaws and bro-in-law all went.. There are also relatives and family friends joining the group and hence we took a tour package and travelled on a 28 seater coach.

oOo Day 1 oOo

We assembled on Sunday morning at Seng Kang. The coach picked us up and headed towards our first destination - Kuala Lumpur. Prior to that, we stopped by Yong Peng for some refreshments and continued our journey.

We had lunch at a local restaurant and arrived at KL in the afternoon. It was a HOT HOT afternoon... still we had our city tour which includes visiting the Istana, Lake Garden, National Monument and Merdeka Square. Denver could not stand the heat and his whole body was very warm... :(

I was relieved when we finally reached the Twin Tower & KLCC for some shopping. However, by now Denver is already having a fever... We purchased Paracetmol at Watsons and bought him a Ben 10 toy to cheer him up. He was feeling much better during dinner time..running and playing..phew... We check-in to Midah hotel after our dinner.

The room was spacious and big.. We had a quick shower and decided to go to Kuala Lumpur's Chinatown, which is based in Petaling Street. It is also known as 'Chee Cheong Kai' where the entire street is closed to traffic during the afternoons as traders set up stalls to peddle various merchandises like food, clothes, watches, bags etc...
oOo Day 2 oOo

We check out from the Hotel after breakfast and stop over at Ipoh for a brief Sightseeing tour (三宝洞, Perak Cave, Nantian Cave etc). At 三宝洞, visitors can purchase leaves and feed the turtles inside.

There are quite a number of them and Denver was so eager to throw the leaves inside for them to eat. After that, we proceed to tour around 南天洞 and Guanying temple before going for our lunch. The next destination was Perak Cave. Inside the cave, there is a very steep stairways that can lead all the way up to the top of the hill for a hilltop view. Denver joined the others and left Mummy, Daddy and Gladys behind. He is the only one who made it to the top with the rest..

As we have to carry Gladys, Hubby and I only manage to climb 3 quarter of the hill.. Well...Easy to go up.. but the hardest part is to get down... the stairways are really steep and high.. It is rather dangerous with Gladys around. I am really afriad that I will slip and fall.. by the time Hubby and I got down, our legs are wobbly and worn out... I started to feel hungry as well.. :p We stopped by a Mystic snake temple where there used to be many snakes inside according to the tour guide. Now, there are only a few left hanging around. We paid to take a photo with the snake too... Denver carried the tail while I hold on to it's head. :) Gladys was curious too and she kept looking at it and even wanted to touch it. hahaha..

It was a really tiring day! We are so happy when we finally check-in at our next Hotel (Cititel).. Our room was very big! The bathroom is also very spacious. After putting our luggages aside, we went down for our dinner which is just next to the hotel. Afterwhich, we had a walk around the nearby streets and headed back to sleep.

oOo Day 3 oOo

Had breakdast at the hotel and we gathered to visit Penang Hill where there has a panoramic view of Penang! Lucky we were there rather early and there isn't any queue for the tram. 20 over of us all squeeze in and took the Tram up to the hill top which took us about 20-25mins...

The tram was very crowded. Although there are fans on top, it is kinda stuffy as there are too many people... But it is worth the trip up as the view is Spectcular!

Afterwhich, we proceed with city tour to Kek Lok Si Temple. Reputed to be the largest and most beautiful Buddhist temple in SE Asia. It features gardens, a giant turtle pool, shrines and sculptures. As the weather is very hot and it is a long way up to the temple, Gladys and I shared a cab with the other elders. Hubby and Denver together with the rest of the tour group walked and took another tram up instead.

After touring around, we took the same cab down and shop around the nearby street market at the bottom of the hill. We had lunch at another local restaurant where again they serve a huge spread of food including soup, fish, prawn, vegetables, chicken, duck, fruits etc. After having our fill, we went to the Botanical garden and we saw many monkeys running around! Denver is so elated to see them! We walked through it's nature track and I accidentally stepped on a millipede.. One of the uncles quickly took a large leaf and made the millipede crawled upon it.. The kids were so amazed and they took photos with it :) We went on to visit the Batik and Pewter showroom.
The city tour also brought us to the Siamese temple where we can see the world's third largest reclining Buddha.. After being in the hot sun for so long... our next stop is Shopping! We spent about an hour an a half in Plaza Garney. Denver gets to play awhile ... Kids always have energy when it's play time. :p

We had our dinner at the street hawker beside the shopping mall. We shared among the variety of food that was ordered.. including Penang Laksa, Noodles, Char Kway Tiao, Beancurd, Bo Bo Cha Cha, Soya milk etc... Frankly, I don't fancy them probably because I am not accustom to their local taste. After dinner, I am already very exhausted... Still, we signed up for the night tour and it covers the Night Market (Pasar Malam) and night view of the Penang Bridge.. By the time we return to our hotel it's already 10pm.. It is indeed the most tiring day of all!!

oOo Day 4 oOo

After a hectic day yesterday, we continue to wake up early, had breakfast and checkout of Cititel Hotel, leaving Penang for Genting. It was a couple of hours ride and we stopped by at Gohtong Jaya for lunch.

We also visited a Cholocate shop and bought a packet of Tiramisu chocolate. It's not cheap ... RM71 for 1 Kg! Anyway..we continue to move on and finally check in to First World Hotel around 2 plus in the afternoon. Straight after we settled down, Denver was eager to go out and play.. He has been to Genting 4 times and hence he is only interested to play with the Beatle card (MushiKing) machines. Later, we met up with the rest of the group for dinner somewhere slightly down of the hill top. It was raining very heavily and it's very very cold! But we enjoyed our dinner. :) As Gladys was too young, we are unable to bring her to the Snow World. Hence, we 'park' her with my bro-in-law while we bring Denver instead. He really enjoyed and love the 'snow'! However as he just recovered from fever and he is having a running nose, hence we did not stay too long. We took a photo and went to bring Gladys back to the hotel room for a good night rest. As hubby is already very tired, we did not went to the casino later that night. Maybe next time..

oOo Day 5 oOo

Checked out of First World after breakfast and we left Genting for Malacca. We had city tour around Christ Church, St Paul's Church and Jonker's Street. After our lunch, we shopped around Dataran Pahlawatt and visit Sam Poh Temple and Sam Poh well. Had our dinner and travel back to Singapore..

This marks the end of the tour and all I can say is ... it is very tiring. But we do get to go quite a lot of places within these few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment